Curriculum Pathways® is Retiring
No, your link is not broken. Curriculum Pathways® from SAS was officially retired July 15, 2021. Since its launch more than two decades ago, the product has provided interactive resources in the core disciplines and other subjects for educators and students. But it is time to move forward.
SAS®, a recognized leader in analytics, will continue supporting K-12 education with tools and resources advancing data literacy. Organizations around the globe are looking for candidates who can think critically to discern creative solutions for today’s problems. Our new education outreach program is designed to introduce and build those skills that are now in high demand.
Read more about our data literacy initiative and explore the resources—some familiar and some new—that you can use today to develop data-savvy global citizens for tomorrow:
- SAS® DataFly – Brand new! Bring data into your classroom in the form of personalized, customized student responses. Pose questions, create and administer surveys, and then analyze the results.
- GatherIQ™ – Learn about the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals for 2030 using impact stories and data to explain the needs and outline solutions.
- SAS® CodeSnaps – Have students work collaboratively to build a program with this iOS app directing a Sphero robot to run an obstacle course, play soccer, navigate a map and more.
- SAS® Math Stretch – Help students master important number skills with this iOS app. Adjust the difficulty, assign practice for understanding and quiz students to check proficiency.
These are just the beginning! Bookmark our data literacy site and visit often to learn more. Follow us @SASEducator as we add offerings to encourage curiosity and promote problem-solving for the next generation.
If you have additional questions about Curriculum Pathways, check out the FAQs below.
The SAS Education Outreach Team
Why did Curriculum Pathways retire?
- Many of the older resources were built using technologies no longer supported by modern browsers or sustainable for long-term use. Also, several external web sites referenced in lessons ceased to exist and replacements were unavailable.
- Over the lifetime of Curriculum Pathways, many new programs and applications have been developed by other providers in the education space—a lot of them available at no cost.
- Both public and private sectors need data scientists and other technology specialists. SAS, a global analytics and data company, is uniquely positioned to provide supporting resources for data literacy and computer science in keeping with our core values.
What can I use instead of Curriculum Pathways resources?
Look for both OER (open education resources) and paid resources to be used in place of Curriculum Pathways. Below are a just a few examples of alternative resources.
- Science => PhET
- Math => Khan Academy
- Writing => Grammarly
- Crio/Creating Lessons => CurrikiStudio
- Primary Sources => National Archives, DocsTeach, Spartacus Educational, Fordham University, Avalon Project
- Reading => mCLASS
- Flash Cards => Quizlet
- Other Resources => CK12, Dreambox, Duolingo, Freckle, OER Commons
Are any of the Curriculum Pathways resources still available?
See the links above for information on SAS® CodeSnaps, SAS® Math Stretch, and GatherIQ™.
Still have questions? Contact us at email@example.com.